Join our team.
We are a sales and customer service organization. Our primary focus is building strong, lasting relationships with the manufacturers that we represent and our customers. As our company is always in a steady rate of growth, we're constantly looking for HVAC industry professionals to join us as we continue to expand into new areas of the industry and new territories.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package for our full-time employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company matching, gym membership reimbursement, and Costco membership reimbursement, and paid vacation.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply.
Commercial HVAC Technician
We're willing to assist with relocation for qualified candidates.
This role is vital to the success of Johnson Barrow due to the direct interaction with our customers. We’re looking for an individual that can exceed expectations and maintain our reputation by providing high quality service.
- Provide startup service on new equipment
- Work with mechanical contractors, building engineers, and controls technicians to integrate new equipment into existing or new facilities
- Work with manufacturers on design and warranty issues.
- Provide coaching & guidance to other technicians on boiler operation and repair
- May at times be needed to examine building layouts and piping systems to anticipate potential difficulties with operation
- Documents work by completing startup paperwork on each job and maintaining files
- Represents company by serving as a direct customer contact
- Keeps current with manufacturers' products and related installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair requirements
- Provides technical support to customers
- 3+ years of HVAC Technician experience in troubleshooting, repairing, and replacing pumps, motors, and other ancillary boiler equipment required
- Ability to drive a company vehicle
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs on a regular basis
Inside Sales Engineer/ Project Manager
PORTLAND, OR & SEATTLE, WA
The primary function of the Inside Sales Engineer is to serve as a support role to the Outside Sales Engineers. Activities will range from pre-sale support such as estimating, quoting, and communicating directly with customers, as well as providing post-sale support by generating equipment submitting and providing on-site technical assistance to our customers.
- Assist with the design/layout of Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) system, including selection of components and layout of refrigerant piping
- Prepare equipment selections and quotes for the Outside Sales team along with parts quotes for replacement equipment based on mechanical plans and specifications
- Provide first level technical assistance for equipment installations and installed equipment
- Manage customer accounts that are not specifically assigned to an Outside Sales Engineer
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in the HVAC Industry
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or similar design programs
- Thorough understanding of construction and contracting models (Design/Build etc)
Outside Sales Engineer
The primary job function is selling custom-built and engineered HVAC products. This is a technical sales position that requires an interest and aptitude for mechanical system design and HVAC equipment. Making product presentations to groups of customers will be required. The ability to develop relationships with key customers for recurring business is crucial. Products included, but not limited to custom air-handling, chillers, and water source heat pumps. We believe this position will provide both a challenge and reward for the right person. The primary markets are owner-occupied institutions (such as Universities and Hospitals) as well as large scale residential developments.
- Assist owners/consultants with system design, product selection and specification writing
- Provide technical expertise/assistance to customers in the area of product application
- Call on consulting engineers and facility owners to promote represented controls products and equipment
- Call on contractors to promote represented HVAC products and equipment and discuss existing and future opportunities
- Manage multiple projects from the design phase to commissioning
- Responsible for maintaining and developing your level of product knowledge
- Coordinate work with multiple project team members
- Develop and maintain positive and sustainable client relationships via meetings, tradeshows, one on one interactions and possibly factory visits
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with owners, engineers and contractors
- 2+ years relevant experience in commercial HVAC sales preferred